11 January 2010

Commute

Each year it seems to take less time to fly across the ocean and longer to drive to work. ~ Author Unknown


We've been talking about this possibility for weeks at work. The possibility of a pilot program in which someone from our team would work the night shift to see if the content center in Manila is creating enough work for us to implement a full time night shift.

The possible individuals for working this shift are myself and one other. I've made it clear that I wouldn't mind working the shift and so has he. The two of us have the longest commutes and both of us would enjoy not having to come into work.

Today the possibility became a reality. Our team will have one individual working 7pm to 4am, Sunday through Thursday, supporting the group in Manila.

The person working this shift? Me. After thinking about it, the other individual realized that for the short term, this wouldn't work out with his family situation, so that left the job up to me.

I'm looking forward to it. Not necessaily the working at night, but the no commute and the working from home in my jammies. The money I'll save in gas alone makes it wonderful and there will apparently be a shift differential also.

So, as of the 25th, I won't have to go into the office for four weeks. I say bring it on!

Until later...

0 comments: