28 May 2008

Food!

So, yesterday I mentioned that I'd update you all when I figured out what and if I was going to be cooking this weekend. I'm cooking. The what? Well, its going to be a simple, but delicious meal.

How hard is it to pull out the crockpot, toss in a roast and cook it during Friday's game? Not very. Then, before the game on Saturday, I can pull it out of the fridge, shred it and turn the crockpot back on, so we have French Dip Roast Beef Sandwiches.

I'm also going to throw a quick pasta salad together. I love balsamic, so I went on a recipe hunt for pasta salads with a balsamic dressing. I found Summer Pasta with Corn, Tomatoes and Basil. So I'll have that for a side to the roast beast. I'm not sure I'll use the basil, and if I do, I'll use just a smidge, not the whole amount the recipe calls for. Basil and I? Well, we don't get along.

My whole family loves lemons. I wanted some new recipe with lemon, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. So, I took a little bit of this one, a little bit of that one, and some more of the one over here and came up with a complete recipe. If it turns out as tastey as it sounds, I'll share the information.

So that's what's on my food agenda this weekend. If you can find the Scandahoovian Hinterlands, you're welcome to join us!

0 comments: