06 September 2008

A Book MeMe This Saturday

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?

Both. I buy hardback for my favorite author, plus the HP series and the Inheritance series, but otherwise is it paperback...preferably mass market.

Amazon or brick and mortar?

Both. Amazon for the most part any more, but if I'm out of something to read, I'll run to a brick and mortar.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?

I always liked B&N, but the Borders here is a better store.

Bookmark or dog-ear?

Neither. I usually stop at a chapter or a break within a chapter and remember where I was by page number or chapter number.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?

Alphabetize both by author and within author.

Keep, throw away, or sell?

I've been keeping, but I think eBay is calling my name for getting rid of the ones I won't read again.

Keep dust jacket or toss it?

Keep.

Read with dust jacket or remove it?

I read without the dust jacket.

Short story or novel?

Novel. Definitely. Short stories are just too short for me.

Short story collection (short stories by the same author) or anthology (short stories by a different author?

I don't read many of either. The only anthology I read is the one that comes out each fall with the new JD Robb story.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?

I've read all of the HP, but none of the Lemony Snicket.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?

I try to make it to the end of the chapter, but if I'm really tired, I'll just stop anywhere.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?

Most of what I read probably falls into the second category, with a strong influence from the first.

Buy or Borrow?

Buy. I have a book fetish.

New or used?

Only new.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?

Generally through browsing, but sometimes I use recommendations.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?

I don't mind a cliffhanger if it is an on-going series.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading?

Yes.

Standalone or series?

Both.

Favorite series?

JD Robb's In Death series.

Favorite books read last year?

Any that pulled an emotional response out of me.

Favorite books of all time?

The Trixie Belden series from when I was a child, the In Death series and Northern Lights.

0 comments: