22 September 2008

Dinner Table



Never argue at the dinner table, for the one who is not hungry always gets the best of the argument.
~ Richard Whately


Happy Monday!

There's a rule in the Nonnie Household, that there are no arguments at the table. It's one that we're pretty good about keeping. I think that the dinner table isn't the time for a family to hash out problems, but rather a time to connect about their day.

So...last week's recap. Chicken Fingers made with Best Batter Ever and fries ~ The monsters loved this. I'm not sure if it was the batter, or the fact that it was deep fried, but it got two thumbs up. Cheese Manicotti ~ this is an old favorite and always devoured. Orange Beef with Broccoli ~ Meh. It was okay for what it was, but I liked the sauce from the Orange Chicken a few weeks ago better. If I make this again, I'll swap out sauces. Shrimp Stroganoff ~ this was okay. I'm not sure I'd make it again, unless I could make a full recipe. Easiest Brownies ~ not a recipe I'll make again. I'll stick to my tried and true instead.

This week's menu is as follows:

Monday ~ Scouts for Mr. A

Authentic Hungarian Goulash "gulyasleves"

Tuesday ~ Football Practice

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice Casserole

Wednesday ~ Chore Night

YOYO

Thursday ~ Football Practice

YOYO

Friday, Saturday and Sunday ~ Monsters with their dad

This weekend is a huge question mark. Sunday is Mr. A's Fall Court Of Honor, so I'll be making something (what????) to take to that, but I'm not sure about the rest of the weekend. It'll probably be whatever I find in the cupboards.

So that's it for this week. Stop by this week's MPM to see what other's are planning.

Until later...

0 comments: